LaderaLife is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. The following policy outlines how your personal information will be treated as you use LaderaLife. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
This policy will let you know:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you;
- What cookies are and how they are used;
- How your information is used;
- Who is collecting your information;
- With whom your information may be shared;
- How you can access, update or delete your information;
- The kind of security precautions that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information;
- How LaderaLife protects children's privacy; and
- What else you should know about your online privacy.
What personally identifiable information is collected from me?
LaderaLife collects information in several ways from different parts of our network of web sites.
Some personal information is gathered when you register. During registration, LaderaLife collects your name, street address, phone number, and email address. This information may also be included in the online resident directory.
In addition to registration we may ask you for personal information at other times, including (but not limited to) when you respond to a survey or become a LaderaLife publisher, or when you report a problem with one of our sites. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
What are cookies and how does LaderaLife use them?
- Remind us of who you are and to access your account information (stored on our computers) in order to deliver to you a better and more personalized service. This cookie is set when you register or "Sign In" and is modified when you "Sign Out" of our services.
- Measure certain traffic patterns of sites you have visited and your visiting patterns in aggregate.
Information we collect may include:
- Registration information: You need an account to use the Services as a Member. When you register for an account, you will be asked to provide certain basic information, such as your name, email address, phone number, members of your household, auto make/model, etc (for example, if you are using two-factor authentication).
- Device information: We collect information about the device and applications you use to access the Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
- Log data: Our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers and those log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses. We may also access metadata and other information associated with files that you upload into our Services.
- Usage data: We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Services, which may include the dates and times you access the Services and your browsing activities (such as what portions of the Services are used). We also collect information regarding the performance of the Services.
- IP addresses for system administration and to report aggregate information to our sponsors.
How does LaderaLife use my information?
LaderaLife’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide each user with a customized experience on our sites. Only LaderaLife has access to individuals' accounts.
LaderaLife does research our users' demographics, interests, and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, from our server log files, or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis. LaderaLife may share this aggregated data with sponsors.
Who is collecting the information?
When you are on LaderaLife and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with LaderaLife alone, unless it is specifically stated otherwise. For example, some LaderaLife services are offered in conjunction with a partner company. In order to provide this co-branded service to you, it is necessary for us to share your personal information with our partner company. If data is being collected and/or maintained by any company other than LaderaLife, you will be notified prior to the time of the data collection or transfer. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
Please be aware that LaderaLife sponsors or web sites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you when you visit their sites. The information practices of those web sites linked to LaderaLife are not covered by this privacy statement. You should refer to the privacy policies of other web sites, or contact the respective webmaster of those sites to obtain information regarding their data collection and use policies.
With whom does LaderaLife share my information?
As a general rule, LaderaLife will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or under the circumstances described below.
Sponsors: LaderaLife may disclose your personal information to sponsors, but this is specifically described to you prior to data collection or prior to transferring the data.
From time to time, you may be offered the opportunity to receive materials or special offers from third parties. By opting to receive information from these third parties, you grant LaderaLife permission to share your name and email address with them.
Third Party Data and Data in the Aggregate: Under confidentiality agreements, LaderaLife may match user information with data collected by third parties. Also, LaderaLife may disclose aggregated user statistics (for example, 45% of our users are female) in order to describe our services to prospective community partners, advertisers, and other third parties, and for other lawful purposes.
Other: LaderaLife may also disclose account information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating LaderaLife’s User Agreement or may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) LaderaLife’s rights or property, other LaderaLife users, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. LaderaLife may disclose or access account information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it and for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and improve our products and services.
LaderaLife does not sell or rent user information to anyone. We will notify you at the time of data collection or transfer if your data will be shared with a third party and you will always have the option of not permitting the transfer. If you do not wish to allow your data to be shared, you can choose not to use a particular service or not to participate in certain promotions or contests.
What is LaderaLife’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
You may edit your information by logging in to your LaderaLife.com account, or reset a forgotten password by clicking on ‘Forgot Password or by contacting our Content Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can request to have your account deleted or deactivated, but doing so will result in not being able to access LaderaLife.com. Please contact our Content Manager for further instructions about deleting or deactivating your account.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Your LaderaLife account information is password-protected so that only you and LaderaLife have access to this information. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. LaderaLife will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. Also, remember to sign out of your LaderaLife account and close your browser window when you have finished your session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, LaderaLife cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online site, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we will attempt to ensure its security on our systems.
What about children's privacy?
Naturally, the safety of children is very important to LARCS. LaderaLife is a general audience web site. When children under age 18 are given access to LaderaLife, we require their parent or guardian to provide personal information and accept the User Agreement on their behalf. Please be advised that personally identifying information may be included on LaderaLife.com (e.g Classified ads and Message Board posts).
Minors under the age of 18 should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to anyone online.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online - for example on message boards, through email, or in chat areas - that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you're online.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to LaderaLife’s Content Manager at email@example.com