Wednesday: 7:00 - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Open Play is a flexible and convenient style for players to enjoy the sport without needing to make a reservation.
How It Works
- A reservation is not required. Players can show up and play, subject to open play queue and court availability.
- Court #1 is for beginners, and Court #2 is for intermediate/advanced.
- Players place a paddle on the Paddle Holder to hold a place in line. Players must be present to participate.
- Generally, it is two on, two off, with the winners staying on the court for no more than two games in a row. When there are more than four paddles in the holder, it is four on, four off to keep Play moving along in a timely fashion.
- All players in the queue must be present to claim court time.
- Open-court play relies on good sportsmanship and following the Ladera Ranch Code of Conduct. Players are expected to finish their games in a timely manner and respect the waiting players' turns.
- There is no instruction or non-Ladera residents allowed during Open Play.
Residents can make one reservation per day, up to one week in advance (seven 24-hour periods before the start time of the desired reservation date/time).
Example: To make a reservation on a Friday, February 14, at 5:00 p.m., the earliest you could make that reservation is on Friday, February 7, at 5:00 p.m., exactly one week in advance.
If you are unable to make it to your reserved court time, you must cancel your reservation, via your LaderaLife account, no later than 4 hours prior to the reservation start time. Those who no-show for a scheduled reservations or cancel within 4 hours of the reservation risk losing their reservation privileges. If you cancel a reservation, you must wait 3 hours before you may make another reservation.
Daily Court Schedules
Checking daily court schedules for same-day, walk-on games using LaderaLife.com is easy. Visit LaderaLife.com/all to view daily pickleball and tennis court schedules.
LARMAC Teaching Professional Instructor Program
Ladera Ranch has implemented a teaching professional instructor program to ensure that all instructors using LARMAC courts or pools are properly insured. Any instructor can apply following the details outlined in the LARMAC Teaching Professional Instructor packet. Each approved instructor will be given an Instructor ID card to help residents easily identify all approved instructors. Any unapproved instructor will be asked to cease instruction until they become approved. All residents and instructors must still abide by the LARMAC community guidelines, which will support all users in having an equal opportunity to reserve and utilize the amenities.