1. SUMMER CAMP EXPERIENCE
From soccer to science camps, LARCS has fun, week-long summer camp experiences for children ages 4-14. Plan ahead and attend with a friend. Check under Recreation and Social Programs for the complete list of summer camps.
• Sign up with friends and take turns car pooling
• Plan a dip at the pool with friends following a camp session
2. FRIDAY EVENINGS AT THE SUMMER CONCERTS
Dust off the Yeti 'cause it's time for Ladera's summer concert series. Nothing beats starting your weekend with an evening under the Ladera sky at Town Green and Founder's Park with some great food, friends and toe-tappin', hip shakin', soul-chargin' music. See Summer Concert Series for dates, bands and times.
• Leave family pets at home. Pets aren't allowed for safety reasons
• Come early, bring cash and visit onsite food vendors and local restaurants
3. LATE NIGHT RUN TO CORKY’S
Surprise the kids with a late night run to Corky's for breakfast or a shake. It’s a fun sleepover highlight, movie marathon intermission or family adventure. Corky’s
is located in the Mercantile East Shopping Center at 27522 Antonio Pkwy.
• Try the cinnamon rolls and pies (they're amazing)
• Power off the mobile devices and play tic-tac-toe on the kids menu placemats
4. DAY AT THE WATER PARK
Beat the heat this summer and plan a day at Ladera's own Terramor Aquatic Park – also known as Red Bucket Park where you can splishy-splash all day long from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Have little ones age four (4) and under? Use the FREE swim pants (required) - you don't want to be the one to bring summer fun to a screeching halt
5. PLUNGE BIKE TOUR THROUGHOUT LADERA
Bump up the adventure this summer and plan a bike tour to visit as many plunges (pools) as you can fit in one day like Ladera dad Shon Engle did. You'll reduce your carbon footprint, get the kids off the screens, and increase the summer fun when you go on tour throughout Ladera.
• Stay hydrated and bring your favorite hydrating liquids
• Invite your kid's friends – the riding part goes faster
6. SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Keep the kids mentally sharp by reading a little every day. Ladera Ranch Library is running its summer reading program which is a great way to incorporate some downtime and nurture their creativity and imaginations.
• Keep a reading log to track pages or reading time
• Visit Friends of the Ladera Ranch Library Bookstore to buy books to read (and donate old ones)
7. HIT THE TRAILS
Ladera is surrounded by miles of trails for hiking, biking and running. Enjoy the beautiful scenery, views of the mountains and glimpses of the ocean throughout Ladera’s trail system.
• Share your favorite trails and adventures on LaderaLife.com in the Message Board
• Visit rmvreserve.org/calendar/ to learn about programs at The Reserve at Rancho Mission Viejo
8. FIND THE PERFECT SPOT TO ENJOY THE SUNSET
Ladera teen Audrey Saunders’ favorite thing to do is find a good spot to watch the sunset. She says, "Ladera has so many perfect sunset watching spots, and it’s always fun to get together with friends and go searching for the best one!”
Take spectacular photos during the golden hour, shortly before the sun sets, when the light is redder and softer.
9. PLANT OR REFRESH YOUR GARDEN
Planting a garden can be a fun activity that can turn into a hobby for everyone in the family this summer. From growing flowers to organic fruits and vegetables, it’s easy to get started.
• Start a tower garden to grow fruits and vegetables without soil and using minimal space
• Let children care for their garden and personalize it with a sign they create
10. NEIGHBORHOOD BLOCK PARTY
Ladera Ranch is known for its summertime neighborhood block parties and fun. Did you know that LARCS will help pay for the festivities to support fostering neighborly fun through the Neighborhood Activity Coordinator program? See the Neighborhood Activity Coordinator page for details.
• Let your Neighborhood Activity Coordinator know that you’d like to help organize a block party
• Invite your neighbors to join the fun, introduce yourself and family to new neighbors